Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Beginning of day 4

TW: 220.2
GW: 160

Yesterday was my first day of phase two. I have to say it's not my favorite phase. If I could go my whole life without eating chicken again I would. I'm just not a huge fan of meat. I could eat veggies all day long but protein makes me gag a little. I'm sure I'm just not prepping enough or flavoring it right cuz sometimes I love meat. Now that I think on it, I usually like to eat meat with a carb or dressing of sorts. 
Cafe rio beef with tortilla and tomatillo dressing
Roast beef or turkey with gravy and potatoes
Chicken with rice and veggies and a cream sauce like Hawaiian Haystacks. 
This has been a great learning experience for me.
1. Food is good.
2. Food is sustenance; not always pleasure.
3. Food should taste good sometimes. I'm not saying you should always love everything you eat but you should like it and sometimes have endulging food.
4. I am used to too much salt. I rely a lot on garlic salt to make my dishes yummy and I miss it. I'm hoping my pallet changes and I get more experienced with spices and herbs. 
5. Long term success is TOTALLY worth short term sacrifice. There are times that I am tempted to eat something not good for me. Like the m&ms Adam ate late night or the party food at the reception dinner we went to on Friday. Or the pita chips on the counter. The only way I make it through and stick to my plan is realizing how strict her rules are and how much I want this to work, not just for me but for my friends and family. Also when I think of that long term goal I know that I would regret cheating in the long run because I would still be overweight by my birthday. I don't want that so I focus on my goal and it pulls be through. 
5. The last thing that sticks out to me so far is the realization that all food in the grocery stores is either super processed or has wheat or sugar in it. Or it's fresh from the earth where it's best. I'm might have to forgo grocery stores and just do farmers markets from now on. 😁
The fact that I am down 4 lbs makes me happy. I am excited to see what the next 4 days bring. One pound at a time right...??!!

Phase 1 yummy bowl (this was really good) quinoa and brown rice with chicken broccoli tomatoes and black beans. I drizzled a little lemon, cumin and salt on top. 

Phase 2 lunch

Phase 2 dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment