Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

I meant to write more...



Today marks the 17th day on my fast metabolism diet. I have learned a few things and feel so accomplished. I can't believe that it's already more than halfway through.
On Thursday which would mark me start of the third week I weighed 217.4 which is weird because four days prior I would weigh 215. I've learned that my body does not lose weight during phase 3 or at least it has in the past. I believe this is because my metabolism truly is repairing itself and I will see great results as I do this more and truly get down to the bottom of way I have gained so much weight.my body loves phase 1 and the aftermath of phase 3 because I always lose two or 3 pounds in that time. Phase 2 is my hardest phase. I am not a huge proteins girl and find it a bit challenging to get as much protein in as she suggests in the book. One of the other major things that holds me back from loving phase 2 is my love tomatoes and I cannot have them during this phase. To survive phase 2 I have learned a few things. They are....
*Hard-boiled eggs are my favorite snack. With a little bit of salt on them I can really enjoy them.
*If I cook a whole chicken in the crockpot for a few hours it is a perfect rotisserie type snack. I enjoy this a lot. 
*jicama is a great sweet type vegetable that I am allowed to have. I never knew that I like Jicama, until now. 
Breakfast usually brings an egg white scramble with spinach and other vegetables in it. It's not my favorite but it is doable
*since I'm not allowed to have tomatoes I'm also not allowed to have salsa because it has tomatoes in it. So I figured out a different type of salsa that works for me. It's poblano peppers, orange peppers, cilantro, green onions and garlic salt. I use this on my eggs and lettuce boats. It gives it a bit of flavor and distracts from the dryness of some vegetables. 

I'm proud of myself for not cheating. I feel that I can do this time to get the results that I want. I feel the next step is to really bust out the workout program. I have not really done that and I'm sure I would get greater results if I did. 
Phase 2 lunch
Jicama, taco turkey, asparagus and onions with my green salsa. 
I have lost several inches in addition to lbs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment